1. Must have an account with the application that you are trying to connect to Zapier. Will be asked to log into the application to connect Zapier to it. E.g. You need a google account to connect to Gmail.
2. Allow connection or authorise Zapier to use the relevant app account.
3. May be asked to enter the API key for the application.
4. If all steps are successful, the app will be connected to Zapier.
Connecting Excel to the Swyft Technology Questionnaire
1. Click ‘Create Zap.’
2. Name the zap.
3. Choose ‘Swyft Technology Questionnaire’ as 1st trigger app and ‘New Lead’ as trigger event.
4. Log in or choose ‘Swyft technology questionnaire account.’
5. In ‘Set up trigger’ section, choose the ‘Company.’ E.g., ‘Test Swyft’
6. Choose the ‘Questionnaire.’ E.g., ‘Questionnaire ()’.
7. Test the trigger – finds latest lead submission and uses this as base.
8. Choose the application you want to connect to the questionnaire as 2nd action app. E.g., ‘Microsoft Excel’.
9. Choose an option in the ‘Action Event.’ e.g., ‘Add Row.’ (Adds a row to an existing spreadsheet).
10. Log in or choose ‘Microsoft Excel account.’
11. In ‘Set up action’ section, choose the ‘Storage source.’ E.g., ‘OneDrive.’
12. Choose the folder in the ‘storage source’ where the spreadsheet is located. E.g., ‘Questionnaire Leads.’
13. Choose the spreadsheet where the lead details row will be added to. E.g., ‘Questionnaire lead details.’
14. Choose the worksheet in the spreadsheet. worksheet should already be populated with titles of different info that will be saved to excel from the questionnaire submission. E.g., details like ‘First Name,’ ‘Last Name,’ ‘Email’ and any other info client wants to save to excel should already be in the worksheet in separate columns. These headings will automatically fill to Zapier and will be used as headings for the info.
15. Insert data variables for each of the column headings from the questionnaire details list. E.g., for ‘First Name’ heading, choose ‘First Name’ from the insert data list.
16. Test the action – tests the set action. E.g., creates a new row in excel file
17. If the test is successful, then ‘Turn on Zap’ option will become available.